Ian Goolagong (brother of Evonne) has been appointed to Tennis Australia in the role of National Indigenous Coach.
Goolagong’s role as National Indigenous Coach will include:
- visiting remote communities, local clubs and schools
- be involved in creating talent search opportunities
- provide coaching for the MLC Tennis Hot Shots programs
- coaching at state and national camps
- enhancing the scholarship program to attract and nurture indigenous talent.
“Creating pathways for the next generation of indigenous tennis players will be a major focus of my new role, for example – training pathways, National Academy and Australian Institute of Sport pathways,” Goolagong said.