Martina Navratilova is a Joke with Recent Comments About Caroline Wozniacki

by The Insider on February 21, 2012 · 6 comments

in WTA News

Martina Navratilova is known for having stupid opinions on pretty much everything, but it seems like she has now overstepped the mark with comments about Caroline Wozniacki.

Wozniacki has commented with the following statement:

“I would never say Martina was number one when there was no-one playing,” Wozniacki said, “or that she was the best when no-one was playing. That would be disrespectful.”

“They always have to make comments, and that’s what they get paid for – to be comments, because they are not playing any more. And they need to stir everything up,” Wozniacki said.

Victoria February 21, 2012 at 7:22 pm

So Martina makes only stupid remarks about everything, could you give some examples. I personally thing Martina gives good remarks about a lot of things but you are probably a very conservative tennisblog who do not like Martina one bit you are always against her and therefore do not publice her good remarks. Be happy with your Caroline Wozniacki. Martina made the remarks two months ago what took you so long.

The Insider February 21, 2012 at 7:42 pm

Its because Martina kept saying these statements about Caroline over and over again!

Victoria February 22, 2012 at 1:45 am

Martina made these remarks maybe three times in two years lots of other commentators said the same thing over and over again I still see no reason to only single out Martina who at least gave a reason why she thought Caroline was the wrong number one.

The only good that can come out of the reacting of Wozniacki is that if she plays as offensive as she did in the article some good can come out of it.
The way some people react about Martina I would suggest that at every question asked to her she should say no comment or give the answers you want to here like all the players of today are eciting players and very enertaing and then we all now that Martina is telling a lie and I now she is not good at it.

Marine February 28, 2012 at 10:41 pm

Thanks for the article. I don´t take Navratilova seriously anymore because of several disrespectful statements she made about today´s active players and that does not just include Wozniacki.
For a former professional Navratilova sounds incredibly short sighted and she is very biased. The so-called legend is a big fan of Petra Kvitova and she is belittling Wozniacki because she´s her preferred player´s big competition. In fact, when Wozniacki managed to clinch the year-end no.1 Martina could not get over it and made several comments about how Kvitova was the real no.1 because of this and that.
I think that there is a lot of bias against Wozniacki for no other reason that people´s inability to understand that every player has their own style and not all of them favour offense.
The people who put down Wozniacki do so because they don´t like defensive style of play and they hate to see how much success she has achieved playing like she is.
It is pretty ridiculous and even more if it comes from a former pro.
It is a shame that Martina no longer plays, I would love to see Caroline beat her. Doubt that she would get over it easily,haha.

FAEN January 27, 2013 at 4:31 am

Excuse me? What ‘stupid comments’ has Martina made?

Your entire tennis blog seems very anti Navratilova. Shame on you.

FAEN January 27, 2013 at 4:33 am

In addition, has Caroline moved up or down in the rankings? I guess now I’m making a ‘stupid comment’.